Application deadline: 04 April 2021
Start date: 15 April 2021
Duty station: Ankara
UN Women Turkey is looking for national specialist UN Volunteer coordination associate.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task:
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Country Director or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Coordination Associate will:
- Provide technical and administrative support on UN inter-agency coordination
- Support the organization and documentation of the meetings of the Results Group on Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equality (GRG) under the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2021-2025
- Support the planning, monitoring and reporting of the Joint Work Plan of the GRG by compiling inputs from UN Agencies/members of the GRG and by writing technical inputs and reports; Keep reliable and systematic records during the year, make the necessary updates & reminders and support the reviwewing and updates of annual work plan .
- Assist and support in the coordination and implementation of key UN Women and UN System-wide initiatives, such as the UNCT-SWAP Gender Scorecard, PSEA Action Plan implementation and gender balance/parity within UNCT;
- Provide technical support on other coordination activities with the inter-agency platforms, such as UNSDCF Task Forece, Partnership development and Finacing task Force, Monitoring for Strategic Results Working Group and other key Results Groups in which UN Women is a member;
- Provide support to UN Women’s involvement in joint inter-agency UN initiatives, including joint events and campaigns;
- Prepare inputs and briefings for the Country Director as part of the preparation for UNCT meetings and other key UN coordination and intergovernmental events;
- Provide administrative, logistical and coordination support related to the implementation of core initiatives of the office
- Supporting the preparation and organisation of advocacy events, meetings, conferences, specifically under the core budget. Undertake and ensure logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for meetings, events and coferences; including travel arrangements.
- Support the implementation of procurement and operational plan related to the core activities of the office; Monitor office core expenditures in line with operating budget, allocations and objectives, as assigned by the CO management. Keep management informed for timely intervention and/or action;
- Communicate and coordinate with key stakeholders from local, regional and HQ levels, regarding meetings, data, and information;
- Provide inputs to the development of country programming processes and products, including the annual workplan, programme/project documents;
- Provide support to the Annual Work Plan Quarterly and Annual Reporting;
- Maintain, develop and update internal databases and files in a confidential and secure manner;
- Support to coordination with national and international development partners:
- Providing secretariat support to UN Women’s Youth engagement and other partnerships/advisory mechanisms as required;
- Provide substantive inputs and support to the Country Office in cooperation with the main national partners for the fulfillment of the coordination mandate.
- Compiling information and analyzing trends related to development assistance to gender equality and empowerment of women in Turkey; Maintaining up to date information on donor-funded programmes in this area.
- Documenting and keeping records of the meetings and information sharing among the participants;
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing:
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learned;
- Provide technical support in preparing internal and external briefings, PPTs and reports about UN Women’s work in Turkey, as necessary;
- Contribute to development of knowledge products.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in programme/project administration and supporting complex projects/processes that include extensive communication, coordination and facilitation
- At least 2 years of experience in coordination of development/humanitarian programmes/projects among different partners or teams, is a strong asset.
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an asset
- Previous work experience in the field of gender equality is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in the field of gender equality, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Click for detailed information and to apply.