Application Deadline: 30 May 2021
UN Volunteers is seeking digital communications specialist.
Under the general guidance of UNV Regional Manager, the supervision of the Regional Communication Officer, and in close cooperation with the all Programme Staff, Digital Communications Specialist will:
Maintain and implement web and social media promotion strategy & activities, and use owned and shared platforms in information gathering and management, which will encourage UNV audience to identify and engage with core issues.
This strategy should extend UNV regional presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, web. By investing in building authentic, credible and enriching content, UNV regional Officer for Europe and CIS continue to establish a solid base for spreading UNV messages and increasing awareness about UNV activities and outreach efforts.
Digital Communications Specialist will be expected to address the following issues in completing this assignment:
- Search for content, develop social media flights, design content, create related posts (40%)
- Manage full cycle of social media online events (live streams, online panels, Days) (30%)
- Produce long-form multimedia content including videos and photo stories (20%)
- Conduct analysis and reporting on social media performance (10%)
Master’s Degree in journalism, mass communications, social media management, public relations is an advantage.
- Proven experience in daily management of websites, and social media, preferably with a multilateral or international development organization
- Outstanding drafting skills and creative story writing
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Turkish(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
- Russian(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge