Deadline: 10 January
International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO), National Democratic Institute (NDI), that works to support democratic institutions and processes seeks a dynamic, experienced and reliable professional for the position of full-time Program Manager.
The Program Manager will be responsible for design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of civic engagement projects.
Detailed responsibilities will include:
- follow political developments and analyze needs to inform programming;
- assess need for greater civic engagement, seek out and cultivate partnerships, and identify beneficiaries from within local government authorities and civil society;
- coordinate with implementing partners and stakeholders, including the Government of Turkey;
- organize and contribute to trainings, meetings, workshops, events, and delegations and /or consultant trips;
- oversee and facilitate subgrants to local Turkish entities;
- help to facilitate and maintain good relationships with local and international democratic development organizations, local government authorities, civic actors, and Turkish government;
- draft and submit activity reports;
- administrative and finance duties to support programs; among other responsibilities.
A successful candidate will have
- several years’ relevant experience and a university degree, including prior experience implementing international development programs or with civil society organizations, political parties, or local government;
- knowledge of Turkish civic organizations throughout Turkey; political knowledge and analysis skills;
- strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills;
- and a willingness to travel within Turkey.
They will also have a willingness o work independently and take initiative, excellent time management and computer skills, demonstrated attention to detail, fluency in both Turkish and English, and outstanding references.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and references in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Manager in the subject line by 10 January 2021.
Click for detailed information.