Medya ve Hukuk Çalışmaları Derneği (MLSA) is looking for a full-time junior project coordinator and editor.
Requirements for this position
- Excellent reporting and news writing skills in Turkish and English,
- Minimum of three years professional experience in rights-based civil society and/or journalism in Turkey,
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as International Relations, Political Science, Sociology, Administration is required; a Master’s degree is preferable,
- Experience in project implementation is required,
- Experience in journalistic activities (news writing, editing) is a plus,
- Pro-activeness and ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Coordinate MLSA’s Free Web Turkey project (freewebturkey.com) and in that regard, develop MLSA’s work in the field of online and digital rights,
- Coordinate MLSA’s project work on threats against journalists and impunity,
- Assist MLSA’s trial monitoring project,
- Conduct research on topics relevant for MLSA’s work and prepare research reports for publication,
- Write a weekly (online) censorship bulletin for Turkey and the world,
- Coordinate with journalists and writers for the commissioning of articles,
- Edit, translate and post news articles sent in by journalists and writers and publish them on the MLSA website,
- Manage and upload website contents,
- Organize workshops, meetings, and panel events,
- Manage MLSA’s social media accounts,
- Assist with donor and public reports (in that regards, follow-up and record MLSA activities),
- Represent MLSA at regular meetings with partners, maintain contact with other CSOs.
- Starting 30 June, candidates chosen for interviews will receive emails to schedule for initial meetings,
- During the first interview candidates will be required to fulfill tasks involving writing and translation; these will be evaluated by MLSA editors,
- A second round of interviews will be scheduled based on the evaluations,
- The candidate will be selected in the first half of July and will be expected to take up the position in mid-July.
MLSA usually does not work outside normal office hours (10 am – 6 pm) but in this position, social media management tasks and participation in civil society events may continue on weekends.This is not a project based role; as such, it is a long-term position.
Complementary health insurance to SGK and meals at the office are provided.
Click for detailed information and to apply.