Application Deadline: 24 August 2021
İnsana Değer Derneği is seeking livelihoods programme manager.
General Post Description
The Livelihoods Programme Officer based in Gaziantep is responsible for supporting the day-to-day execution of IDD’s programmatic activities in Syria. The incumbent will support the implementation of IDD’s Livelihoods projects including MSMEs, Vocational Skills Training, Apprenticeship, Agricultural support in Syria, all in compliance with IDD and the donor’s procedures.
Functional and hierarchical reporting lines
This position reports to the Livelihoods Programme Manager. He/she is daily interacting and leading the field teams for implementation, coordinates with M&E, Finance, Logistic and Accountability and Security department.
Principal responsibilities and Tasks:
Programme Implementation and Management
- Assist the Livelihoods Programme Manager on the day-to-day planning, management and execution of the Livelihoods activities in Syria, including tracking implementation progress against the targets and providing course corrections where needed
- Prepare regular and updated work plans to be shared with field team
- Responsible for maintaining regular communication with the field team for daily updates
- Ensure quality control on key documentation such as contracts, MoU, distribution protocols and where needed provide capacity support to field team to prepare such documents
- Attend relevant meeting and provide representation to relevant FSL meetings, as assigned by the Line Manager
Coordination with Field Team
- Maintain regular communication with the field team to ensure accurate and timely data entry, programmatic updated and new field developments, also in coordination with relevant units
- Ensure field documentation transfer to Gaziantep office is conducted on monthly basis in coordination with programmes, logistics and archiving the Livelihoods programme documentation
- Where needed, provide capacity support to field team on programmatic implementation
- Provide liaison support to field team in coordination and communication with local councils and other relevant stakeholders
Reporting and Monitoring
- Responsible for preparing weekly progress report from the field, checking and ensuring accuracy of project updates and data provided
- Lead in the preparation of regular reports for FSL cluster, as requested and where needed coordinate with other cluster partners to limit duplication and overlap of distribution
- Coordinate closely with M&E and other relevant units to ensure ongoing monitoring and beneficiary data is uploaded onto IDD’s online platform
- Other needs assigned by the employee’s Line Manager corresponding to the needs of the programme
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by employee’s Line Manager
- Understand and adhere to the IDD’s National Staff Handbook, IDD Code of Conduct and Key Policies and relevant guidelines
- Familiarity with CVA programme cycle management and humanitarian/emergency programming
- Ability to work independently, and produce quality work consistently
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel), and familiar and comfortable working with data platforms and applications
- Confident, self-driven and a team player
- Good communication, organization and interpersonal skills with the ability to easily establish and maintain key relationships with relevant units and stakeholders
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field, preferably Agricultural Economics, Development Studies or Business Studies
- A minimum of two years of progressive experience working in a similar programmatic role for non-governmental organizations, preferably within the Livelihoods Sector.
- Arabic language (mandatory) and English language (high proficiency)