Deadline: April 25, 2020
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for an Administrative and Finance Assistant for the WHO supported Project for Refugee Health Centres.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health-based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey will support WHO Refugee Health Program to improve access to health services for Syrian refugees by implementing operations and outreach activities in Istanbul, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa.
Administrative and Finance Assistant will oversee and assist the management with regards to administration and financial tasks.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with DWWT rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Input to the project processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the Finance Officer and Project Coordinator;
- Provide clarifications on financial transactions to Finance officer and/or Project coordinator, auditors and donors, when required;
- Control receipts and invoices, update of cash/bank journals and balances, perform a weekly check on the bank account and financial transactions;
Provides accounting and administrative support to the Finance Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for the project;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures which ensures that receipts and invoices processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and duly processed;
- Management of cash receipts and advance cash;
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance records and documents. (ledger, cash controls) and annexes;
- Assist in preparation of the monthly financial reports to donor under the supervision of the Finance officer and Project Coordinator;
- Assist in monitoring the budget implementation of the project;
- Manage expenses related to the daily operation of DWWT project, after verification that purchase procedures are followed;
- Manage cash advances for procurements and purchases;
- Perform other duties assigned;
- Teamwork: To develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: To produce and deliver quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; the candidate is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seek to learn, share knowledge and be innovative;
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way;
All DWWT staff members must abide by and demonstrate three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respect and promote individual and cultural
differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- At least 2 years’ experience in administrative and accounting field. Previous experience working with NGOs is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or related field;
- Strong time management skills;
- Experience of a flexible approach to prioritize a high workload and multiple
tasks with tight deadlines;
- Flexible and able to easily adapt to different environments;
- Fluency in Turkish and English required;
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office (especially Excel);
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, please click here.