Ashoka Turkey is seeking social entrepreneurship program director.
Ashoka is the largest network of social entrepreneurs worldwide, with over 3,700 Ashoka Fellows in 90+ countries putting their system changing ideas into practice on a global scale and a platform for people from all sectors dedicated to changing the world. Some renowned social entrepreneurs we support (namely the Ashoka Fellows) include Muhammed Yunus (Grameen Bank, 2007 Nobel Peace Prize Winner), Jimmy Wales (Wikipedia), Paul Rice (Fairtrade), Tülin Akin (TABİT, Çiftçi Kulübü) and Mine Ekinci (KODA).
Ashoka’s Social Entrepreneurship Program Involvers The Following
We are looking for an extraordinary, dedicated professional with a highly entrepreneurial spirit to join our team to lead our Social Entrepreneurship Program in Turkey. The Program Director will be leading the program with a bright team and undertake necessary managerial functions to set the program up for success.
- Venture: the search and selection of Turkey’s leading social entrepreneurs from social fields such as civic participation, economic development, women’s empowerment, education, environment, and health.
- Fellowship: providing support to the local community of 25+ active Ashoka fellows in Turkey, designing strategies and building community to accelerate their impact while acting as a bridge between wider global Ashoka network and Ashoka Turkey community.
- Ecosystem development: co-creating and co-leading ecosystem level high impact programs with existing and new ecosystem partners to cultivate the field of social entrepreneurship in Turkey.
If you are an accomplished leader from social, private, or public sectors who is passionate to solve social problems, has developed an idea towards it, has 7+ years of experience building teams, has created large scale impact, believes in the power of networks, and are looking for the next big challenge, this position is for you.
- Develop and implement strategies and systems to grow our network of social entrepreneurs in Turkey.
- Conceptualize and implement strategies to leverage learning and insights from Ashoka Fellows, partners, and allies to advance the field of social entrepreneurship in Turkey and beyond.
- Manage the community of Ashoka in Turkey including fellows, stakeholders in learning & education, by involving corporate supporters, and probono partners through 1:1 meetings, retreats, and events.
- Engage Ashoka Fellows globally by tracking their needs and making intros to a greater Ashoka network.
- Oversee the impact of the program, design and implement impact management strategies with the team.
- Support fundraising efforts by mobilizing networks and strategic partners, pioneering new revenue models to drive growth in identification and selection of Ashoka Fellows.
- Plan and execute strategic efforts targeting business leaders, including Ashoka’s signature events such as the Ashoka Gala and Social Entrepreneurship Day.
Required Skills And Experience
- Professional experience in the social sector and/or social entrepreneurship for at least 5 – 7 years,
- Ability to work productively, proactively, and independently
- Fluent in written and spoken Turkish and English
- Experience in partnerships building and communications
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Track record in and strong ability to design processes and manage programs
- Creative and analytical thinker and problem solver
- Team builder and coordinator
- Comfortable with building new relationships
- Somebody who is as comfortable getting hands on with project delivery as they are facilitating a senior level meeting
- At ease with using basic computer tools such as CRM systems, Microsoft Office, or equivalent programs
- Representing Ashoka perspective through high quality knowledge products, online & offline events
This is an İstanbul based role.
Please submit your cover letter and CV in English together with 2 references.
Click here for more information.