Application Deadline: 17th of July 2022
Amnesty International Turkey is looking for campaigner.
About The Role
In this role, you will contribute to Amnesty’s human rights impact through strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of innovative campaigns, in line with the vision, mission and the long-term strategy of AI Turkey, to ensure everyone is able to enjoy human rights equally. In-depth knowledge on the area of women’s and LGBTI+ rights will be preferred.
Your role will include originating copy and editing submissions, managing petitions, seeding content, providing strategic advice on the campaigning tactics and tools, and speaking on behalf of Amnesty, meeting with decisionmakers, partner organisations, supporters, activists and members, researching and implementing new tools for campaigning and managing projects for human rights impact.
This is a full-time position based in Istanbul. Ordinary working hours for full time employee will be 8 hours per day including lunch breaks from Monday to Friday, 5 days in a week. The job holder might be required to work outside office hours, including working weekends or evenings, on occasion. The job holder does also require to be on call from time to time.
- Strategy and Planning: In accordance with AI Turkey’s long-term section strategy, develop strategies and action plans of the campaigns under their responsibility in collaboration with different teams within the Turkey Section (AITR) and International Secretariat (AIIS), and external partners.
- Implementation: Carry out planned campaigns, projects and activities. Work under limited supervision when coordinating the activities in the Action Plan, and under midlevel supervision in reactive works. Responsible for the presence and influence of the campaigns. Follow and implement policies and procedures of the international movement and the Section; contribute to their improvement and lead their implementation in the team. Responsible to abide by these policies and procedures in all their actions. Explain relevant policies to colleagues in the fields of work under their responsibility.
- Reporting and Analysis: Monitor budget, evaluate results and report regularly to the line manager. Ensure effective reporting of campaign activities to have the status and results of all activities monitored. Before and after each campaign, make an assessment and benefit from the lessons learned in ongoing and future activities.
Skill And Experience
- Substantial knowledge of human rights needed, and in-depth knowledge of gender preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated experience of working in campaigns and/or communication projects, ideally in an NGO.
- Excellent written and spoken Turkish and English.
- Knowledge and experience of developing, delivering, managing and optimizing effective campaigns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience with individuals and groups in different positions and with varying backgrounds inside and outside the organization.
Interested candidates, please send a CV and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than 500 words) in English describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post to email@example.com with REF: CC2201 in the subject line.
Click here for more information.