Position: Project Manager
Program: Child Labor
Responsible to: Program Coordinator
Supervises: Project Team of 5
Start Date: ASAP
Place of work: İstanbul with frequent travel within Turkey
Overall Responsibilities: Managing STL project to combat child labour in seasonal agriculture
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develops strategy and tools to conduct STL’s ongoing awareness raising campaign on child labour, and maintain close relationships with media representatives such as journalists, columnists, editors etc., works with PR agencies to increase the campaign’s visibility and develop creative ideas within the communication plan framework, also develops communication tools to increase social media followers.
- Prepares publications, press releases, blog entries, bulletins and other relevant material according to the campaign strategy and the action plan.
- Develops & coordinates work plans and time schedules for Child Labor Project activities in line with project proposals and takes decision to see the implementation of the plans.
- Manages the allocated budget in close contact with Finance Department
- Day to day supervision and support of team members under his/her supervision; overseas general management of team.
- Ensuring that narrative and financial reports are prepared in accordance with the requirements and regulations of the donor agencies prior to submission;
- Represents STL with stakeholders such as public authorities, local governments, INGOs, national NGOs, and others, as delegated by the Program Coordinator.
- University education in a relevant field,
- Minimum 3 years successful experience in project management; and 2 years of experience in advocacy and campaigning;
- Fluency in English (excellent written and spoken),
- Sound knowledge of and skills in needs assessment, project planning, proposal writing, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation,
- Ability to travel in Turkey.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Good understanding of and engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles of accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation,
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation,
- Strong commitment to teamwork and coordination with adaptable communication skills, providing motivational leadership and showing ability to delegate, solve problems, negotiate and take decisions in full transparency.
Terms and Conditions:
Terms and Conditions
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a child protection perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
For application submit the following to email@example.com by 30 September 2016:
- An up-to-date-CV
- A letter of motivation explaining why the candidates’ skills/experience are suited to this position
Please indicate reference number: in the subject of your e-mail (PMCLIST1609)
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information click here.